Associate Forecaster - #4832114
L. L. Bean
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in Position Purpose: Establishes and maintains accurate item/color level sales forecasts in support of optimal purchasing and allocation by effectively employing systems, tools (Blue Yonder Demand), process, and standardized reporting; as well as strategic input from cross-functional partners. Understanding these dependencies, this role develops and continuously improves the forecasts and provides analytical insight as the means of supporting the successful implementation of L.L.Bean's and Inventory Management's strategic objectives. Learns and contributes independently with assigned products with low to medium complexity, mentored by others
- Demonstrates understanding and appropriate use of Blue Yonder Demand and forecasting functionality. Manages part of the business, utilizes best practices processes, controls and reporting.
- Supports and understands forecasting process, successfully learns to influence and align channel targets and Merchant intent for assigned categories. Participates in forecast review milestones and oversees assigned categories.
- Maintains accuracy in forecasting for assigned categories. Participates in weekly meetings to review trends and metrics in accordance with the standard forecasting process. Demonstrates ability to navigate ambiguous situations and drives effective decision making focused on business results
- Supports department leadership and collaborates with cross-functional team members to ensure channel deliverables are met. Prioritizes and implements the day to day execution of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Drives the identification of patterns and relationships in data to break through a high level of detail and demonstrates analytical ability. Maintains an objective view of findings; formulates conclusions and summarizes clearly. Demonstrates a proactive approach to identifying & managing business trends versus reacting to issues.
- Supports the Sustain Team and continuous improvement efforts; utilizes department Super Users routinely.
- Assists in supporting the vision and strategic initiatives. Knowledgeable of forecasting approaches for assigned categories and channel, as well as a developing awareness of the buying/allocation functions as they relate to the end-to-end, omni-channel process.
- Effectively represents Inventory Management with other functional areas to address short to midterm issues.
- Communicates understanding of current forecasting strategies and future direction across the organization, participate in the development of new approaches for working together. Collaborates with Merchandising & Merch Planning to ensure efforts are aligned with category and style growth strategies.
- Emerging skills to influence strategic and tactical alignment with Merchants and Merch Planning to align strategically and jointly to achieve omni-channel sales and profitability goals.
- Engages in in ongoing relationship development and management across a broad range of omni-channel business partners and peer leaders in Merchandising, Buying, Allocation, Sustain, Marketing, Merchandise Planning, etc.
- Some Forecasting and/or Planning related experience/knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong Excel and systems aptitude- Blue Yonder Demand
- Demonstrates ability to work in a systematic and organized approach
- Strong attention to detail; works in a precise, methodical manner
- Ability to develop and utilize guidelines, processes, and tools for success
- Ability to prioritize and manage a work load delivering quality deliverables within tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, and results-oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Engaged, self-motivated with a positive presence
- Resilient and able to effectively navigate ambiguous situations
- Seeks out diverse thinking and many voices to problem solve
- Strives to continuously learn, grow, and develop, and help others