Sr Buyer - #5629612
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Costa Rica – Alajuela location in the Electrophysiology Division.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
As the Sr Buyer, you will responsible to insure materials, services, and supplies used in the Facility are procured at competitive pricing and that quality/quantities are appropriate. This may include obtaining price quotes, specifications and other information required for purchasing decisions. May also include supplier performance tracking and reporting. Locates, recommends and supports implementation of alternative supply in line with requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Negotiates long term contracts which are not managed by the commodity management teams, within established limitations and scope of authority to obtain the most favorable business partnerships, including but not limited to quality, availability and cost.
- Plans and schedules deliveries to optimize inventories in support of production schedules/business demands by workinwith forecasting data/teams, planning teams, commodity teams and shipping/receiving teams.
- Reviews purchase requisitions and confers with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability and delivery schedule, reviewing quotes for accuracy and competitive strategies.
- Implements process and procedure best practices by partnering with other functional leadership with the related product lines.
- Lead special projects as requested to reduce cost, increase efficiency, etc
- B.S. in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in purchasing/commodity management.
- 3 years working with purchasing/commodity management software.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Advance command of English.
- 3 year working in a highly regulated environment.
- Basis Portuguese level.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Para solicitar este empleo, debe autorizarse en nuestro sitio web. Si aún no tiene una cuenta, regístrese.