PWS Customer Support Engineer I - #5717948
Duties and Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the Customer Support Engineer include effectively diagnosing and resolving Ovation product related issues for customers and internal Emerson PWS engineers. Therefore, in addition to good interpersonal skills, the engineer should possess excellent technical troubleshooting skills and be familiar with process control and basic power generation concepts. It is advantageous (although not required) that the engineer has technical knowledge of current Ovation products and associated systems, which can include networking, third party data links, and security.
- Foster a positive environment for work and professional growth.
- Work as a team player within the GSC to address customer questions and technical issues.
- Maintain or improve customer satisfaction through group and individual effort.
- Perform base customer support activities as needed, including phone support & remote diagnostics, managing and prioritizing call records and workload.
- Provide technical support for Ovation software & hardware products including peripherals and 3rd party package offerings.
- Coordinate technical support processes and call escalation from EECR to NA, and between various support organizations.
- Continually and proactively increase one’s technical capabilities, eventually establishing one or more area(s) of expertise.
- Interface with Emerson Field Support Engineers, regional offices and expert resources as needed to resolve issues.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all support, utilizing the SMS database and other tools.
- Maintain Ovation product equipment, support labs, and group capital equipment.
- Participate in rotational assignments to PWS Headquarters and to customer sites to build skills and support our installed base of customers.
- Help to enhance the value of the Global Service Center by contributing towards additional group activities/tasks, developing new internal/external solutions, and assisting with training (as appropriate).
- The position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Ovation products and associated systems is a plus.
- The position requires an advanced level of English [B2] (additional languages are advantageous).
- Possess advanced troubleshooting skills (i.e., diagnosing and resolving computer related issues).
- The position requires good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in a formal environment.
- The ability to work effectively with internal and external customers is essential.
- The position requires up to 35% travel.
- The position requires availability to work different shifts, as required, including holidays, nights, and weekends.
Para solicitar este empleo, debe autorizarse en nuestro sitio web. Si aún no tiene una cuenta, regístrese.